Titchmarsh - Names & Parish
13th Century Thichemers, Tychemers
14th Century Tychemersh, Tichmarsh
17th Centruy Tichmersh
The parish contains 3,988 acres. The river Nene forms part of the western boundary and the Thorp brook that of the north and east.
The parish was enclosed under an Act of Parliament of 1778. The name of Foxholes, now a farm, is mentioned in 1227.
At the north-west end of the long village street not far from the church is the rectory house, which was rebuilt in 1861. In its garden a fine cedar tree planted about 1744.
From: ‘Parishes: Titchmarsh’, A History of the County of Northampton: Volume 3 (1930)
Copyright Thrapston Heritage. Website by CommunitySites